[chora] problem with file.php....

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 21:23:46 +0100

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 09:26:33PM +0200, Ivo Rössling wrote:
> At 10:22 27.08.01 +0100, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
> >I have no idea about this version of Chora that phpgroupware
> >forked.
> i've did a cvs update on the root-dir of the package....
> some of the files had been updated then... - but the error
> kept on occuring... :-/

Root dir of phpgroupware?  Again, this isn't the list to
ask about using Chora with it.  they forked off a copy around
the start of the year, and haven't been in touch with me about
it at all.

All I know is that we've fixed a number of bugs since that
fork, so I can only recommend that you use the Horde
version.

You can use the latest tarballs of Horde and Chora, or
grab the ultra-latest version out of CVS (which has stuff
like a filesystem cache to ease the load from busy Chora
servers)

> a file called "hora.inc" - or "hora.php"...
> dunno, why this didn't happen after the update of the module,
> but only on the new checkout (maybe another repository or
> development branch...)

Just follow the instructions on http://horde.org/source/
and get Horde-cvs and Chora-cvs ...

> aehm - well... php-4.0.6 i've allready downloaded, but what's
> that with "pear"?! is this an apache-module /-directive or is
> this a option to be compiled in?!?

In the php distribution come a set of PHP base classes called
'PEAR'.  You install them into /usr/local/lib/php by default;

If you download PHP-4.0.7RC1, then

$ cd php-4.0.7RC1
$ ./configure
$ cd pear
$ make install

and you will have a version of PEAR that is good enough for
Horde.

Anil