[chora] problem with file.php....

Ivo Rössling iroess@regiocom.net
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 23:07:07 +0200

hi there!

At 15:59 27.08.01 -0400, Michael Laccetti wrote:
>Did you verify that the files actually do exist?  They don't all come with=

>cvs.
the config/conf.php? yes.
other files? dont know, which there must be...
i thought, downloading a tgz would be the best way to avoid missing files,
but either the first problem (as explained) occured or the one saying
"horde.inc"
or "horde.php" would not exist...
then i tried checking out the latest cvs-revision - but one of the both errors
still occured.... (don't know which one, cause i tried so much... :->)

At 21:23 27.08.01 +0100, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 09:26:33PM +0200, Ivo Rössling wrote:
> > At 10:22 27.08.01 +0100, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
> > >I have no idea about this version of Chora that phpgroupware
> > >forked.
> > i've did a cvs update on the root-dir of the package....
> > some of the files had been updated then... - but the error
> > kept on occuring... :-/
>
>Root dir of phpgroupware?
aarrrgghhhh!!! sorry!!!  of curse i did the update within the
local directory of chora - but well, as stupid, as i am, i did
assume the cvsroot-variable of this package would refer to
horde's repository.....
(how stupid can one person be for its own?! :->)

>Again, this isn't the list to
>ask about using Chora with it.
of course, you're right!!!  as i said: was assuming having
updated from horde's repository... :-(

>they forked off a copy around
>the start of the year, and haven't been in touch with me about
>it at all.
ohhh....
well - i rather would check out the latest revision...
but what will i need then as well?!? as mentioned: there seems
to be missing a file called "horde.php" or "horde.inc"... will i
need to check out an additional module? haven't found such
an information on the website...

>All I know is that we've fixed a number of bugs since that
>fork, so I can only recommend that you use the Horde
>version.
independent from that - i allways try to get the latest release
on each software i want to download from somewhere...

>You can use the latest tarballs of Horde and Chora, or
>grab the ultra-latest version out of CVS (which has stuff
>like a filesystem cache to ease the load from busy Chora
>servers)
have got both - but none of them worked well...
(missing file...)

> > a file called "hora.inc" - or "hora.php"...
> > dunno, why this didn't happen after the update of the module,
> > but only on the new checkout (maybe another repository or
> > development branch...)
>
>Just follow the instructions on http://horde.org/source/
>and get Horde-cvs and Chora-cvs ...
ohhh... then(!!!) :-)
seems to have forgotten a module :-)))
thanks for that!!!!

>In the php distribution come a set of PHP base classes called
>'PEAR'.  You install them into /usr/local/lib/php by default;
ok - thanks for that, too!!!

will try as early as possible!!! :-))

thank you all!

greetings,