Perforce support is coming

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 17:46:45 -0500

Alright, I've been talking about this for a long time, but I've
finally starting hacking together Perforce[1] support for PHP.

At the moment, all that exists is a simple PHP extension that can
connect and disconnect from a Perforce server.

Things took me a little longer to get going because, 1) the
Perforce API is for C++, so I had to write a C wrapper around it
to make PHP happy and, 2) the API is written such that each
instance only support a single client connection, so I had to add
multiple client support to my wrapper layer.

Anyway, a lot of those details are done.  I still have a bit of
work to tackle, though, because the Perforce API assumes some
sort of text-based client interaction for a lot of stuff, so I'll
have to alter the output routines to return PHP data structures
instead.  This is not a big deal, but it stills needs to be done.

After all of the PHP details are mostly finished, I plan on
adding Perforce support to Chora).  I can't even guess at the
timeline for that, though (maybe a few weeks?).

Happy New Year!

[1] http://www.perforce.com/

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)