[chora] CVSROOT and annotations

Jasper Veltman j.j.veltman@taceo.nl
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 17:56:47 +0100

Hi Anil,

Quoting Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org>:
> > My CVS repositories are in subdirectories of /data/cvs,
> > say /data/cvs/project1/. But the CVSROOT-dir for all repositories is by
> default
> > in /data/cvs/CVSROOT/, and not in /data/cvs/project1/CVSROOT/ as Chora
> seems to want
>
> Your CVSROOT is /data/cvs, and not /data/cvs/project1 , in this case.

I think we have some kind of miscommunication of the concept CVSROOT. The
environment variable CVSROOT is /data/cvs, but there also is an directory
CVSROOT in /data/cvs. In "chora/config/cvsroots.php" I have to define a base
directory for a project, i.e. "/data/cvs/project1" which is under the variable
CVSROOT. Correct?
Annotations seem to want access to the CVSROOT directory ("E Cannot
access /data/cvs/project1/CVSROOT"), it uses the basedir of that specific
project to find the directory CVSROOT. My guess Chora should use the
environment variable CVSROOT or some configuration variable.

If I change the basedir of a project to "/data/cvs" the annotations work since
Chora now tries to access "/data/cvs/CVSROOT". But using "/data/cvs" as the
start directory will show all directories of CVS-projects in "/data/cvs"
instead of "/data/cvs/project1".

Cheers,

Jasper