https problems and PDF viewing problems

David Ethell dethell@sscdinc.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 07:47:51 -0400

Two issues:

1) When we use SSL connections to view our repository through Chora we
are unable to use the download link to retrieve files. Download only
works in non-ssl mode. Any reason for this?

2) When we go to a PDF file stored in our repository and click View,
chora just shows the binary representation of the file. It looks like
the mime_drivers file doesn't spell out which driver should handle pdf,
but adding it to the extensions for enscript didn't help. Will the View
link always show the binary data in a binary file or is there a way to
get enscript or some other viewer to read PDF into HTML format?

Thanks for the help. We LOVE chora. So much nicer than ViewCVS or
CVSWeb.

Regards,
David

P.S. I've hacked together some cvs user admin pages that administer
htpasswd-based users and groups keying off some posts a while back about
using <Location> directives in apache to limit which users can view
which modules. If anyone wants the scripts I'd be happy to post them.