[chora] https problems and PDF viewing problems

David Ethell dethell@sscdinc.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 11:20:03 -0400

Hmm, that might help.

IE 6.0. When I click to download any files that are not txt or html I
get this error:

"Internet Explorer cannot download ...filename?r=1.1&p=1 from
ourcvsserver.com

Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested
site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later."

At first I wondered if it had to do with the MIME type of the file being
something other than what the browser knows how to handle such as the
x-extension types, but it fails on PDF files as well which the browser
does know about. Why it would work in http and not https is beyond me
unless M$ has some security policies about what MIME types are
acceptible under https.

I've tested this under Netscape 4 and Opera 6 and both work just fine.
I've tested this under 3 other installations of IE 6 and it fails the
same way on all of them. All are patched to the latest patches.

Thanks,
David