[chora] Is there any way to use PAM to authenticate for Chora/CVS ?

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 22:29:07 +0100

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 09:00:58AM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Kristian Duus Østergaard <kristian@myobject.com>:
>
> >  Is there any particular reason that you do not use pserver or extssh
> > to connect to cvs ? Would it be very difficult to implement?
>
> If yout want to contribute an implementation that uses the CVS protocol
> instead of the tools, it's all you. We do it because I ported the original
> version of Chora from cvsweb, and that's what it did. I honestly don't
> know how difficult it would be.

I took a look at this, and the only reason I didn't was because
we just parsed the RCS tools directly, and thus didn't indeed to
impose a requirement to have the CVS binaries installed (which my
Solaris machine at the time didn't have).

Nowadays, you need to have the CVS binaries for annotations to
work, and that uses a very preliminary version of the CVS protocol.

It would be very useful to have bi-directional popen() to make
this an efficient-ish implementation - hopefully this has made it
into PHP (I'm a bit behind on my php-cvs folder!)

Anil