[chora] Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /var/www/html/horde/chora/lib/base.php on line 54

Romildo Wildgrube romildo@ragingnet.com
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:36:41 -0700

Jan,

I spend a day and half reading and looking for the problem but I still
don't see where the problem is. I assume you mentioned the docs/INSTALL
for horde; I looked there too many times. Here is my horde.php file and
how is setup. Can you please try to be a little more concrete on your
answer. Thanks, Romi

<?php
/*
 * Horde Configuration File
 *
 * This file contains global configuration settings for Horde.  Values
may be
 * safely edited by hand.  Use horde.php.dist as a reference.
 *
 * Default user preferences are defined in 'prefs.php'.
 *
 * Strings should be enclosed in 'quotes'.
 * Integers should be given literally (without quotes).
 * Boolean values may be 'true' or 'false'.
 *
 * $Horde: horde/config/horde.php.dist,v 1.47.2.10 2001/12/28 18:48:37
rich Exp $
 */

/**
 ** General Horde Settings
 **/

/* The value to set error_reporting() to. Valid values are: E_ERROR,
 * E_WARNING, E_PARSE, E_NOTICE, E_CORE_ERROR, E_CORE_WARNING,
 * E_ALL. See http://www.php.net/manual/function.error-reporting.php
 * for more information.
 */
$conf['debug_level'] = E_ALL;

/* If we need to perform a long operation, what should we set
 * max_execution_time to (in seconds)? 0 means no limit; however, a
 * value of 0 will cause a warning if you are running in safe
 * mode. See http://www.php.net/manual/function.set-time-limit.php for
 * more information.
 */
$conf['max_exec_time'] = 0;

/* What name should we use for the session that Horde apps share? If
 * you want to share sessions with other applications on your
 * webserver, you will need to make sure that they are using the same
 * session name.
 */
$conf['session_name'] = 'Horde';

/* Determines how we generate full URLs (for location headers and
 * such). Possible values are:
 *   0 - Assume that we are not using SSL and never generate https URLS.
 *   1 - Assume that we are using SSL and always generate https URLS.
 *   2 - Attempt to auto-detect, and generate URLs appropriately.
 */
$conf['use_ssl'] = 2;

/* If this option is set to true, and you have the php zlib extension,
 * pages over a certain size will be compressed and sent to the
 * browser as gzip-encoded data in order to save bandwidth. There is a
 * CPU-usage penalty to pay for this, but the decrease in page size
 * can be dramatic (70k to under 10k for a full mailbox page), and is
 * more than worth it over anything but an extremely fast link.
 */
$conf['compress_pages'] = true;

/* What umask should we run with? This will affect the permissions on
 * any temporary files that are created. This value is an integer
 * (specify it WITHOUT quotes).
 */
$conf['umask'] = 077;

/* If you want to use a temporary directory other than the system
 * default or the one specified in php's upload_tmp_dir value, enter
 * it here.
 */
$conf['tmpdir'] = null;

/**
 ** Horde Authentication
 **/

/* If you want to use IMP with Horde and don't want to let the users
 * login twice (once for Horde and once for IMP) you can setup Horde
 * to let IMP do the authentication stuff. Just uncomment the
 * auth/login/logout lines in registry.php instead of configuring
 * the following settings.
 */

/* Which users should be treated as administrators (root, super-user)
 * by Horde? Example: $conf['auth']['admins'] = array('admin', 'john');
 */
$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('');

// What backend should we use for authenticating users to Horde? Valid
// options are currently 'imap', 'ldap', 'mcal', 'sql', and 'ftp'.
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'imap';

/* An array holding any parameters that the Auth object will need to
 * function correctly. For IMAP, this is the server name, port,
 * protocol, etc.
 * See $conf['prefs']['params'] further down for an example how to
 * setup a SQL backend. But you must use another SQL table for the
 * authentication driver. A SQL script can be found in
 * horde/scripts/db/auth.sql .
 */
$conf['auth']['params'] = array();
//$conf['auth']['params']['dsn'] = '{imap.example.com/imap:143}INBOX';

/**
 ** Horde Logging
 **/

/* Should Horde log errors and other useful information? */
$conf['log']['enabled'] = true;

/* What log driver should we use? Valid values are 'file', 'mcal',
 * 'sql', and 'syslog'.
 */
$conf['log']['type'] = 'file';

/* What is the name of the log? For the 'file' driver, this is the
 * path to a text file; for mcal, it would be the name of a calendar,
 * and for sql it would be the table name to use. For the 'syslog'
 * driver it is the facility as a _constant_ (with no quotes), e.g.:
 * ... = LOG_LOCAL0;
 */
$conf['log']['name'] = '/tmp/horde.log';

/* What level of messages should we log? The values are LOG_EMERG,
 * LOG_ALERT, LOG_CRIT, LOG_ERR, LOG_WARNING, LOG_NOTICE, LOG_INFO,
 * and LOG_DEBUG. Each level logs itself and all those that come
 * before it: LOG_ALERT would only log alerts and emergencies, but
 * LOG_DEBUG would log everything.
 */
$conf['log']['priority'] = LOG_DEBUG;

/* What identifier should we use in the logs? */
$conf['log']['ident'] = 'HORDE';

/* Any additonal configuration information, like an MCAL or database
 * username and password.
 */
$conf['log']['params'] = array();

/**
 ** Preference System Settings
 **/

/* What preferences driver should we use? Valid values are 'none'
 * (meaning use system defaults and don't save any user preferences),
 * 'session' (preferences only persist during the login), 'ldap',
 * and 'sql'.
 */
$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'sql';

/* Any parameters that the preferences driver needs. This includes
 * database or ldap server, username/password to connect with, etc.
 */
$conf['prefs']['params'] = array();

/* This is an example configuration for a MySQL preference backend.
 * Be sure to set the prefs driver to 'sql' above if you use this
 * configuration.
 */
$conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['prefs']['params']['protocol'] = 'unix';
$conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['table'] = 'horde_prefs';

/**
 ** Category System Settings
 **/

/* What backend should we use for Horde Categories? Valid options are
 * currently 'none' and 'sql'. In the case of 'none', the categories
 * only live for the duration of a single request - they are NOT
 * stored in the user's session.
 */
$conf['category']['driver'] = 'sql';

/* An array holding any parameters that the Category object will need
 * to function correctly.
 */
$conf['category']['params'] = array();

/**
 ** Cache System Settings
 **/

/* If you want to enable the Horde Cache, select a driver here.
 * This is used to speed up portions of Horde by storing
 * commonly processed objects to disk.
 * Valid values are 'none' (don't cache any objects),
 *                  'file' (store objects in filesystem)
 */
$conf['cache']['driver'] = 'none';
// $conf['cache']['driver'] = 'file';/* Any parameters that the caching
driver needs. */
$conf['cache']['params'] = array();
// $conf['cache']['params']['dir'] = '/var/cache/horde';

/**
 ** Mailer
 **/

/* What method should we use for sending mail? Valid options are
 * currently 'sendmail' and 'smtp'.
 */
$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'sendmail';

/* An array holding any parameters that the Mail object will need to
 * function correctly. For sendmail, this is mainly the sendmail_path
 * option; SMTP requires at least a server and a port (if nonstandard).
 */
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array();
// $conf['mailer']['params'] = array('sendmail_path' =>
'/usr/lib/sendmail');
// $conf['mailer']['params'] = array('server' => 'smtp.example.com');

/**
 ** Problem Reporting
 **/

/* Should we display a problem reporting link in Horde application
 * menus?
 */
$conf['problems']['enabled'] = true;

/* If so, where should problem report emails be sent? */
$conf['problems']['email'] = 'romildo@ragingnet.com';

/**
 ** User Capabilities and Constraints
 **/

/* Should we display help links to the user? */
$conf['user']['online_help'] = true;

/**
 ** Stylesheets
 **/

/* If this is true, then we will allow the browser to cache generated
 * stylesheets, saving us from generating the stylesheet on every page
 * request, but meaning that users will need to do a manual refresh to
 * see any stylesheet changes.
 */
$conf['css']['cached'] = true;

/**
 ** Menu settings
 **/

/* If this is true, then we will provide graphical buttons in the menu
 * along with text links.
 */
$conf['menu']['images'] = true;

/* Should we use DHTML to display a floating menu of Horde appliation
 * links, instead of a frame?
 */
$conf['menu']['floating_bar'] = false;

?>