[chora] Feature Request

Witek Krêcicki adasi@grubno.da.ru
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 16:32:56 +0200

I was trying to run Chora on huge CVS repository (PLD Linux Distribution).
There are two really huge directories (as probably in any RPM-based
distribution repository):
[adasi@pld pld]$ ls SPECS | wc -l
   3263
[adasi@pld pld]$ ls SOURCES | wc -l
  12286
And as the listing of first of them (SPECS) is 1.8MB long and it's
generating far too long, listing of SOURCES is not generating at all (i've
disabled time execution limit and waited about 20 minutes, nothing
happened).
That's why I propose to include splitting option into some directories.
Splitting (eg. by first letters) has to be done while reading content of
directory (because this is the process that takes much too long).
WK