[chora] Trouble with annotate view

Tim Dodge timmy@invisibles.org
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 19:13:57 +0100

Quoting Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org>:

> On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 01:21:19PM +0100, Tim Dodge wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm running chora HEAD, and apart from annotate view, it all seems
> > work well.
> >
> > When I try to go into annotate view, I'm get the following error:
> >
> >     Error Encountered - 505 Internal Server Error
> >
> >     Unable to annotate; server said: E
> >
> > I've searched around for a cure for this, and it's seems that most
> > similar  errors go on to say 'Cannot access ....'.
> >
> > I'm sure my apache user does have access to the cvs directories,
> and
> > I've set the permissions to 777 on the history file.
>
> Try to su to the username your web-server uses, and perform
> a 'cvs annotate' command on a file in the repository.
>
> See what error messages come up, if any.
>
> Anil

All users are the same...

If I try to cvs annotate any file directly in the repository, I get the
following error:

cvs annotate: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory
cvs [annotate aborted]: no repository

If I run the same command on the same checked out (sandboxed) file, it
works as expected. For what it's worth cvs is version 1.11.2.

Cheers,
Tim