[chora] newbie question

Wed, 17 Jul 2002 22:36:55 -0500

Quoting Jon Parise <jon@horde.org>:

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 10:19:58PM -0500, Eric Rostetter wrote:
>
> > > Both of those statements are correct (and they're both saying the
> > > exact same thing).
[...]
> > Thanks!  (Though I'd rather it worked remotely... Oh well)
>
> That would be a nice feature.  Hopefully, some one will have time to
> implement it.  I'd tackle it, but my work on The Sims Online is taking
> all of my time.

If someone can point me in the right direction, I'd be willing to try
to do it (or help someone with it).

I'm putting in a new server tomorrow, and it will be the CVS-based
development machine for a new (large, important) project.  So I want
to use chora for it (never installed chora before -- just signed up
for the mailing list and did a chora checkout this evening for the
first time).

I can of course put Horde/Chora on the machine locally, but that's
another install, another authentication setup, etc.  It would be
way cool to be able to just use my existing Horde/IMP setup to access
it over the net...

If someone can kind of confirm that it is (theoretically) possible to
add support for remote repositories (chora on one machine, cvs repository
on another) and maybe give me a 3-5 line summary of how they think it
might be done (maybe cvs/rcs tunneled via ssh with an unsigned public
key??? or some kind of public/anonymous cvs network access???) I'd be
willing to try to work out the code...

Obviously, never having setup and used chora before, I'd like some advice
before I dive in and try anything...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage