[chora] [saurik@saurik.com: ANN: Port of Horde's Chora to Subversion(CVSWeb-like functionality)]

Jay Freeman (saurik) saurik@saurik.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:15:42 -0500

Yeah.  :)

I was waiting until I was able to remove a few of the more annoying if
statements and such before I brought it up here, but considering that I
haven't really touched it in a while (I got one response from the Subversion
mailing list, and it was of a purely technical nature, and the people on the
Subversion IRC channel all wanted ViewCVS ported as they hated PHP...
really, I had next to 0 motivation, hehe) that likely wouldn't have happened
for a while anyway.  The diff format limitation is gone (which was the
single technical comment from the Subversion list), and I think I got around
to cleaning up a few of the outputs that didn't make sense.

Here was the second (and last) announcement I sent to that mailing list
about this:

In case anyone's interested, I figured out what I did to make it _so_ slow
(was ignoring flags that let me not scrounge up _all_ of the logs and
instead only target the logs for the latest revisions).  It's about 3 times
faster while browsing directories now on my menes repository... likely
considerably more on my ninetjer repository or on something like the
subversion repository (although still about 2-3 times _slower_ than CVS on
similar directories... I'm spawning about twice as many processes to get the
information, so I'd guess that's the bottleneck), and I fixed the problem
with sorting by different keys (which I saw someone trip across in my apache
logs).

Sincerely,
Jay Freeman (saurik)
saurik@saurik.com