[chora] Chora 2.0 CVS annotate function

Paul chora@axiosym.com
Fri Oct 18 19:48:45 PDT 2002

Hi all,

First of all kudos on such a great product. We have just finished
installing a test version of the latest CVS horde and chora head.
Everything seems to be working superbly, however we haven't been able to
get the annotate feature in chora to work properly. At this point we
think it may be related to permissions on the CVS root itself.

Here's our configuration: Redhat 7.3 server, with Apache 1.3.x is
running the horde site as user "www" and group "www". We've added user
"www" to a "cvs" group which has ownership of the cvsroot (all files
within /home/cvs/ are chown'ed user: test, group "cvs". We are able to
browse the CVS in chora without issues, however when attempting to use
the annotate function, we get the following error:

  505 Internal Server Error
  Unable to annotate; server said:

(With nothing after the "server said:" portion)

The demo version of Chora on horde.org seems to use the annotate feature
without issue. Can someone point out possible problems with our
configuration or point us in the right direction to get this to work?

Many thanks,
Paul