[chora] chora w/php as a cgi?

Liam Hoekenga liamr@umich.edu
Mon Nov 11 23:39:28 2002

I've got Chora working fine w/ php as an apache module.  We're trying to
run it on a machine that has to run a more limited version of PHP, so it
seemed the way to handle it was to do a "php_engine off" for that
particular vhost, and to use a version of PHP built as a CGI.

Chora displays the first page fine, but when you try to go into any of the
project listings, we get a internal server error (500), and this shows up
in the php error log:

[11-Nov-2002 18:28:53] PHP Fatal error:  Unable to open
    /usr/local/chora/html/horde/chora/cvs.php/projectname
    in Unknown on line 0

I've turned up error logging in horde/config/horde.php, and nothing gets
written to the horde log file.

>From the appropriate apache conf file:

    DocumentRoot        /usr/local/chora/html/horde/chora/
    Alias /horde/       /usr/local/chora/html/horde/
    Alias /chora/       /usr/local/chora/html/horde/chora/

    <IfModule mod_php4.c>
        php_flag engine off
    </IfModule>

    Action php-script /cgi-bin/php
    AddHandler php-script .php

If I install a horde capable apache module version of PHP, reenable the
php engin, and comment out the Action and AddHandler lines, it works fine.
The CGI version of PHP is slightly stripped down, but I really don't need
database or IMAP capabilities if all this has to do is run chora.

I've attached my php configure line, and the output from horde/test.php
Anyone have suggestions?  I've been able to get other horde modules (IMP)
working with PHP as CGI (tho, that's not how we run it).

thx
Liam

./configure \
    --prefix=/usr/local/php-4.2.3 \
    --exec-prefix=/usr/local/php-4.2.3 \
    --with-pear=/usr/local/php-4.2.3/lib/pear \
    --with-zlib=/usr/local \
    --with-mm=/usr/local/mm \    --with-gettext=/usr/local/gnu \
    --with-mcrypt=/usr/local/libmcrypt \
    --with-config-file-path=/usr/local/chora/etc \
    --disable-debug \
    --enable-inline-optimization \
    --with-xml \
    --with-domxml=/usr/local/libxml2 \
    --without-mysql \
    --enable-force-cgi-redirect

Horde Versions

     * Horde: 2.1
     * Chora: 1.1

PHP Version

     * [1]View phpinfo() screen
     * PHP Version: 4.2.3
     * PHP Major Version: 4.2
     * PHP Minor Version: 3
     * PHP Version Classification: release
     * You are running a supported version of PHP.

PHP Module Capabilities

     * FTP Support: No
     * Gettext Support: Yes
     * IMAP Support: No
     * LDAP Support: No
     * MCAL Support: No
     * Mcrypt Support: Yes
     * MySQL Support: No
     * PostgreSQL Support: No
     * XML Support: Yes

Miscellaneous PHP Settings

     * short_open_tag enabled: Yes
     * magic_quotes_runtime set to Off: Yes
     * file_uploads enabled: Yes

PHP Sessions

     * Session counter: 1
     * To unregister the session: [2]click here

PEAR

     * PEAR - Yes
     * Recent PEAR - Yes
     * Mail::RFC822 - Yes