[chora] CHORA / external applications problem - apache CGI

Liam Hoekenga liamr@umich.edu
Tue Nov 12 22:06:53 2002

> When I try to diff versions, Chora reports that there are no viewable
> changes.

I figured this out.  The version of RCS we had on our machine was built
against Solaris's diff, not GNU's.  Looking at the RCS binary, the path to
diff is actually built into it, so I had to rebuilt the RCS package
against GNU diff.

> When I try to annotate files, I get:
>
> 	Error Encountered - 505 Internal Server Error
>
> 	   Unable to annotate; server said: E

I'm still having this problem tho.  This shows up in the PHP and
Apache error logs:

[12-Nov-2002 16:44:56] PHP Fatal error:  Unable to open
    /usr/local/chora/html/horde/chora/annotate.php/project/file.c
    in Unknown on line 0
[Tue Nov 12 16:44:57 2002] [error] [client 141.213.234.109]
    Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/chora/cgi-bin/php

...which looks very similar to the error in cvs.php I was able to solve
with Chuck's suggestion of setting $conf['options']['use_path_info'] to
false...

[11-Nov-2002 18:28:53] PHP Fatal error:  Unable to open
    /usr/local/chora/html/horde/chora/cvs.php/project in Unknown on line 0

I tried deleting CVSROOT/history like the install docs suggested, but it
didn't help.  I've also tried using the php apache module, and I get the
same error screen (though, no corresponding entries in the apache or php
error logs).

Is it possible that annotate.php is using the path_info when Chora is set
not to?

Liam