[chora] Horde and Chora problems: Required 'phptype' not specified...

Adrian Gschwend ktk at netlabs.org
Mon Jan 20 18:54:52 PST 2003

Hi all,

I try to set up Chora on my webserver, I installed PEAR and Horde, the
test.php file reports to find PEAR, just Mail_Mime seems no to be found for
whatever reasons (will debug that later :-)

After that I've set up Chora and configured it according to the INSTALL file
(as well as Horde). When I point to my Chora-Root directory it redirects to
Horde and gives a login screen. I don't really understand what user/pwd I am
supposed to enter here, what's the idea about this login screen? WebCVS
should work anonymous on my system for the repositories I want.

Because I didn't know any other users than the horde user I've created in my
mysql table I entered the userid/pwd for my mysql user (genrated out of the
mysql script).

When I enter it I get the following error:

Jan 20 15:20:15 HORDE [emergency] [horde] Required 'phptype' not specified in
authentication configuration. [on line 96 of
"E:\data\httpd\netlabs.org\admin\horde\lib\Auth\sql.php"]

So I greped for phptype in horde/config/ and noticed that it's just in
horde.php and I definitely *did* give it there:

 $conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
 $conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
 $conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = 'horde';
 $conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = 'mysecretpassword';
 $conf['prefs']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
 $conf['prefs']['params']['table'] = 'horde_prefs';

I grepped again in the config of Chora but I couldn't find that anywere.
After searching in google and checking the FAQ's I'm running out of ideas
here.

My setup:
Horde 2.2
Chora 1.2
Apache 1.3.26
PHP 4.3.0

I'm running it on OS/2 but that should not matter

BTW: The pear package at horde.org seems to be outdated, test.php reported
that it's too old so I had to upgrade the PEAR core first.

Any help would be appreciated

cu

Adrian