[chora] Re: failed to spawn rlog ?? error 505?? please help

Jeff Seifert seifertj at pdmagain.com
Wed Feb 5 13:54:32 PST 2003

Marc,

Considering you've got a Windows-based setup, I'm guessing that you're
running CVSNT from cvsnt.org.  I'm also guessing that you're running
version 64 or less.

There's a problem with the interaction between the RCS utilities and
CVSNT <v64.  The author of CVSNT remedied this in version 65 -- upgrade
your CVSNT server and things should be fine from here on out.

However, any files modified in CVS before this time will still be
incompatible with rlog and the other RCS tools.  I haven't found any
easy workaround to this yet, save that of removing the files from the
repository and re-checking them in.

-Jeff