[chora] Diffs aren't shown

Alexander Skwar lists.ASkwar at email-server.info
Sat Apr 19 01:10:52 PDT 2003

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> It's not used by cvsdiff. Which is hardly part of Horde. I don't really see

What do you mean by "It's not used by cvsdiff"?

cvsdiff calls rcsdiff which writes files in TMPDIR, so it IS used by
cvsdiff.

And since cvsdiff is part of CVSLib which is used by Chora, it is used
by Horde.  Now, since Horde provides a "tmpdir functionality", it should
be used - whereever it makes sense.  And since it's known by now that
rcsdiff writes to TMPDIR, Horde should make sure that its part behave
like expected; ie. that its parts write to the tmpdir.

If you disagree, than I'd be curious to know why there's a way to
specify a tmpdir in the first place - after all, upload_tmp_dir AND the
environment variable TMPDIR already exist.

Alexander Skwar
--
# Basic IBM dingbats, some of which will never have a purpose clear
# to mankind