[chora] cvsmonitor

Ryan Gallagher ryan at studiesabroad.com
Mon Jun 9 18:31:48 PDT 2003

> Quoting Jon Parise <jon at horde.org>:
>
> > I just found CVS Monitor (http://ali.as/devel/cvsmonitor/), and it's
> > pretty spiffy.  Most of it diverges from the traditional cvsweb
> > offering, giving us plenty of ideas for future Chora enhancements.
>
> I've done a couple of updates to Chora recently, incorporating several
> features that were inspired by this. However, at this point, it would be
> *very* useful to me if Chora users would look at cvsmonitor (and other
> cvsweb variants) and make specific feature/change requests to Chora. We'll
> get them entered at http://dev.horde.org/nag/, and hopefully get most/all
> implemented eventually.

I don't know how they gather the stats for it... but the "developer karma" is
kinda a cool idea (especially for large OSI projects).  I also like the MRTG
style graphing of activity by user/module/etc, and line/file volume by
user/module.

They aren't extremely useful i guess... but entertaining bells and whistles. =)

I think the mrtg graphs would be better as popups or separate pages so they
could be avoided in normal user interaction.

I'm not sure i like the big summary page layout at the top of a module... too
spread out for my tastes.  But i can see there being a need to collect all
log-entries to the top like that, especially if commit lists are not
implemented
on a project.

I'm not sure i understand what it is they are referring to as a "change set".
Are they just talking about a branch, or something more elaborate?

I'll play with it some more and see what i find.

Ohhhh almost forgot!  The Search feature is handy!

--
Ryan T. Gallagher
ryan(at)studiesabroad.com