[chora] No repository unless guests allowed

Ross Boulet ross at rossb.com
Tue Oct 14 10:26:07 PDT 2003

I installed the horde framework and chora within horde.  I've created a cvs
repository on the same server and tested it.  It works remotely (using
pserver) or locally.  When I type my url (http:/timmy/horde) in my browser
(IE 6) I get a horde login screen with username and password fields at the
top, and icons at the bottom for Horde, CVS, and Logout.  If I type in my
user id and password, I get a screen that says welcome, ross (my user id)
and icons in the upper right corner for Options and Logout in addition to
the original three icons at the bottom.  If I click the CVS icon at the
bottom, the server presents the Horde Login screen again.  Typing my user id
and password again only gets me the same screen, again asking for username
and password.

I get the same results if I click the CVS icon first (before I enter an id
and password).  I get a login screen from which entering a user id and
password just clears these fields and presents the same login screen.

If I edit the chora parameters in /var/www/html/horde/config/registry.php
and change:

     'allow_guests' => false,
     'allow_guests' => true,

I can now click CVS and there is my repository just as I would expect.  I
can descend into the directories and download files.  I expected the horde
login to get me in to chora and CVS and keep non authorized users out.  I
don't want to leave the repository wide open to anyone who hits the url.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Ross

Versions are:
  Apache 2.0.40
  Horde 2.2.4