[chora] Error on the Chora login screen: Undefined index: dsnin/usr/share/pear/Log/sql.php on line 77

David Atienza david_atienza at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 21 17:53:09 PDT 2003

Hi again,

Thanks Michael for your fast reply and help.

With your ideas, I revised my configuration in the php files and now it does
not give these errors anymore. The problem now is that I still cannot log in
and it writes in the log file the following error:

HORDE [error] FAILED LOGIN for horde to horde [on line 44 of
"7var/www/html/horde/login.php"]

I had a look to the messages in the mailing list and I thought I found the
problem. There were some lines missing in the file horde.php, the lines:

$conf['auth']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['auth']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['auth']['params']['username'] = 'root';
$conf['auth']['params']['password'] = ' ***';
$conf['auth']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['auth']['params']['table'] = 'horde_users';

So I added them, but still it gives me the same error. I checked in the
mailing list and I found a solution: allow anonymous users like:

 Set guest access to true ( 'allow_guests' => true ) for chora in your
horde/config/registry.php and then you won't need to login.

But, I want to use the identification with password for chora as it is
supposed to be with the 'auth' entrance, just not to let everybody log in,
only registered users in the localhost. Because I have read that I could
allow everybody and suppress the passwords doing like:

Please, does someone have an idea why this error is still on?

Thanks.