[chora] Re: Chora?

Christopher Baus chris_baus at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 6 17:58:55 PST 2004

>  > I have CVS chora running with no problems on
> 0.37.
>  > I've been sending in patches to the horde team as
> I find bugs,
>  > so let me know if you encounter any.
>
> I also have svn 0.37 and chora CVS.... Chora works
> fine with my CVS tree
> but not with my svn repository.
>
> When I select the svn repository, I get the
>   File    Rev    Author    Date  Last Log
> header but nothing below.
>
> I disabled ssl and auth in case they were not
> supported but it still
> doesn't work.
> The server access log is empty.
>
> Any idea where I should look?
>
> JL

I got it to work, but it is pretty slow.  I also found
some problems with file moves.

Actually this might be a general problem with svn.  It
isn't possible to find out where a file has been moved
from.  Say you want to look at version 5 of
/src/foo.cpp, but in revision 6 it is /foo/bar.cpp.
It isn't possible to find out that in revision 5 it
was called foo.cpp.  This causes problems with Chora
when viewing moved files.

I'd probably go for ViewCVS.  After spending 1/2 day
getting chora working I feel like I have too much
invested in it to want to switch now.