[chora] Chora displaying the wrong character of a cvs file

Aliet Santiesteban Sifontes alietss at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 20:13:47 PDT 2004

This is the problem...

>still don't follow what is happening. What was the commit message, in what
>charset was it entered,

the commit message was entered with es_ES:utf-8 charset, the default for spanish systems in RedHat and Fedora

>what do you get if you call cvs log locally,

I get the right text...
Añadido el exclude(Horde)

>what do you get in Chora,
I get with chora the wrong ñ character
Añadido el exclude(Horde)

>what language did you select in Horde/Chora
Spanish

> what charset is sent to the browser?
ISO-8859-1

Any ideas???

Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
Please keep discussions on the list.

Zitat von Aliet Santiesteban Sifontes :

> Hi Jan and thank's for answering:
> Yes the fact is that this problem is on utf-8 systems, ej, RedHat and
> Fedora, if you change your locale just to es_ES and not use
> es_ES:utf-8 then starts working ok, so now I'm wondering wich
> software has the job for making this files in some utf-8 format
> displays fine, since every system that is configured in this way is
> not going to show with chora this kind of text well.
> Regards Aliet

I still don't follow what is happening. What was the commit message, in what
charset was it entered, what do you get if you call cvs log locally, what
do you get in Chora, what language did you select in Horde/Chora, what
charset is sent to the browser?

> Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Aliet Santiesteban Sifontes :
>
>> Hi all, I'm having a problem with chora when displaying the cvs
>> files, the problem is in the description of the last historic change,
>> in my case we speak spanish language, and all our own spanish
>> characters aren't showing, for example this is the right text
>> "a?adido un test " but chora is displaying this "a?adido un test ",
>> as you can see is replacing ? with this ?, the same is happen with
>> acents etc, if I make a cat to that file or a vi, I can see those
>> texts fine, but when chora displays them then they are wrong, if I
>> take that file and put it on the web server root directly and open
>> it, the same happens, I change the charset of my webser from utf-8 to
>> ISO-8859 and the same problem, I'm using Fedora Core 1, my system
>> locale is set to LANG=es_ES.UTF-8, php-4.3.4-1, httpd-2.0.48, does
>> any body knows how to fix this, is very important to us, and I will
>> really going to appreciate your help on this, on the console we can
>> work ok with those texts but we can't display it fine on
>> the web
>> server.
>
> I don't really understand what Chora shows and what you expect it to show.
> But beside that, the general problem is that chora has absolutely no idea
> about the charset being used in the commit messages.
>
> Jan.
>
> --
> http://www.horde.org - The Horde Project
> http://www.ammma.de - Neue Wege des Lernens
> http://www.tip4all.de - Deine private Tippgemeinschaft
> Yahoo! Photos: High-quality 4x6 digital prints for 25?

Jan.

http://www.ammma.de - Neue Wege des Lernens