[chora] Fwd: access keys in chora

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jun 16 03:04:03 PDT 2004

> ----- Forwarded message from danielc at analysisandsolutions.com -----
>     Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 11:45:38 -0400
>     From: Daniel Convissor <danielc at analysisandsolutions.com>
>  Subject: access keys in chora
>       To: chuck at horde.org
>
> Hi Chuck:
>
> Noticed the new access key stuff in Chora on cvs.php.net.
>
> The ALT-D for the deleted files conflicts with the ALT-D in Mozilla/IE
> which puts the cursor into the browsers location input.  May I suggest
> choosing a different letter for deleted files?
>
> Below is a list of browsers and their access keys already in use.

I don't think this makes much sense, because there are almost no characters
left if we leave out all possible browser short keys. In this special case,
you can (at least with Moz) use Ctrl-L to access the location bar. A
similar shortcut exists for IE.

If people really dislike shortcuts, they can turn them off in their
preferences, or if there is a high interest in turning them off for
guest-enabled sites like cvs.php.net they could be turned off globally. But
I personally would like to seem the kept as they are.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting.php