[chora] Installation Instructions

Gerard Samuel chora at trini0.org
Mon Nov 15 05:40:10 PST 2004

Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Gerard Samuel <chora at trini0.org>:
>
>> Jan Schneider wrote:

>>> Why doesn't it work?
>>

>> Im not fluent on shell scripting, but this is what I get on FreeBSD ->
>> hivemind# for f in *.dist ; do cp $f `basename $f .dist` ; done
>> for: Command not found.
>> f: Undefined variable.
>>
>> I dont have the "for" command on my system.
>

> You're probably using a C shell. Can you try the following:
>
> foreach f (*.dist); cp $f `basename $f .dist`; end

Still doesn't work...
hivemind# foreach f ( *.dist ) ; cp $f `basename $f .dist` ; end
foreach?

>This is most likely due to using the csh shell and not bash.
>
>On freebsd do this:
>cd /usr/ports/shells/bash2
>make install clean
>rehash
>
>Then, before you run the for loop, type bash to switch shells.

Thanks for the tip on bash, but I didn't try it.
Im choosing not to install bash, just to copy Chora/Horde files.
Maybe in the future, when I may need it (bash) on a recuring basis, I'll
install it.

To Jan:
The reason for the patch, is because since one of Chora2/Horde3 minimum
requirements
is php 4.3.0, most likely php's cli would be part of the system.
Im just showing that one can use the already available tools to get the
job done.
The patch is merely a recommendation.  If the horde team doesn't feel,
that it should be included, thats fine.  Im not going to argue on why it
should.
At least its in the mailing list archive...

Thank You for your time.