[chora] Subversion with Chora/Horde RC1

Gerard Samuel chora at trini0.org
Tue Nov 23 09:49:55 PST 2004

Sweat, Jason E. wrote:

> [...]
Ok, you put some sense in my head.  What I should have said above, was
that the webserver user has a shell that doesn't allow logging in, so I
couldn't
execute commands as the webserver user on the command line (maybe there is
another way, besides "su www").
But I didn't think to run *system* commands via php.
The output of your suggestion ->
/bin/ls /usr/local/bin/svn

I went one step further and tried
<?php echo `svn --version`; ?>
and got ->
product includes software developed by CollabNet
(http://www.Collab.Net/). The following repository access (RA) modules
are available: * ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local
disk. - handles 'file' schema * ra_svn : Module for accessing a
repository using the svn network protocol. - handles 'svn' schema

So it seems the webserver user can execute svn commands.
I'll try playing around with it, to see if I can shed any further
light on my issue.

Thanks