[chora] Performance and Multiple Repositories with Subversion

Reinhard Brandstädter reinhard.brandstaedter at ams-engineering.com
Mon Jan 17 05:09:51 PST 2005

Hi,

I just set up Chora and tried to started to add repositories to my
configuration.
I'm only using subversion repositories so I've integrated one of my
repositories in the
sourceroots.php:

$sourceroots['gaude'] = array(
    'name' => 'gaude',
    'location' => 'file:///home/subversion/gaude',
    'title' => 'Gaude Project',
    'type' => 'svn'
);

Now If I browse the repos it works fine when only using one repository,
adding a second one and the server/chore seems to stall.
Also I encounter really bad performance when browsing the repository (no
matter if only having one ore two repositories configured, delays until
files get listed in chora > 3 minutes)

Any ideas why this is so slow?

Cheers,
Reinhard