[chora] Potentially Dangerous URL

Admin admin at ltarngozi.org
Mon Oct 24 10:10:58 PDT 2005

Hi,
I was searching on how to get rid of the Potentially Dangerous URL
warning, which is bothering my Horde users a lot and I've found this
Jan's post:
 >This is nothing to worry about, as you know the source of that link
and
 >can trust. It can't (and probably shouldn't) be disabled at the
moment.
 >It's a security feature.

I think this reasoning is overlooking the [absolutely useless IMHO]
scaring effect it has on a group of novice users and it's unseen in
any other webmail program I've ever used. This extra click is just
annoying and I strongly doubt anyone can assess a "Potentially
Dangerous URL", not knowing what the danger might be and for what,
except the Horde developers themselves; then if s/he has the "guts",
s/he will click anyway, as s/he would have done without the warning.
Otherwise, s/he will just stop using Horde and check his email thru a
yahoo.com external POP account, where the absence of the warning will
make him/her feel "safer".

Therefore I think is should be an user option, if not an admin
option, to disable this so called "security feature", at admin's
risk, if you want to say so.

brunus