[chora] path problem on windows

Anders Kzxc a_mejl03 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 2 03:53:36 PDT 2006

Problem: I am running chora on Windows XP, and I cannot get the path to the
svn executable to work.

In chora setup, I have tried many different permutations to write the path
to the svn executable. For instance, in the svn field I have tried
"c:/progra~1/subversion/bin/svn.exe". With and without "c:/" with / replaced
by backslash or double backslash does not matter. There is no directory
listing, and no error messages. In fact, whatever I write in the field for
the svn path in the chora setup does not matter. Not even a clearly bogus
path. So at least one problem is to get this field to matter, or to write
the path correct?

As an aside, the path to the horde.log logfile seems to be working. the
field value there is "/tmp/horde.log" and it ends up in c:\tmp\horde.log.

I do not get any error messanges, not even in log files using debug log
report level. There are no files showing in the directory listing when using
svn. And no error messages, whatever path I write to the svn executable.

running "svn ls file:///d:/repos/" gives the directory listing as expected.
Likewise, using TortoiseSVN on a remote machine, I have no problem in using
repository browser. Yes, d:\repos is the repository, not the checkout. See
below for the sourceroots.php settings.

After scanning the bugs database and the mailing listing archive, I have
found one related question to my problem, see
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20050711.060305.572c9e65.en.html
Unfortunateley, I could not find a follow-up on this thread.

Info on the settings

# Chora: H3 (2.1-cvs)
# Horde: 3.2-cvs
both HEAD checked out June 1st, 2006.
PHP Version: 5.1.4

The setting in the sourceroots.php is as follows:
$sourceroots['localsvn'] = array(
    'name' => 'my repos',
    'location' => 'file:///d:/repos/',
    'title' => 'Main Subversion Repos',