[chora] popen() (was Re: Followup (Re: "Can't check path..."))

Eric spamsink at scoot.netis.com
Sun Nov 12 19:24:05 PST 2006

At 09:03 PM 11/12/2006, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

<CH>>>>>Unless you're exactly replicating apache's environment, the fact
that it worked is irrelevant. This is a permissions/environment
problem.  Nothing more.<<<<<

I logged on as myself, su'd to root, then su'd again to the apache
user.  Then I said

     /usr/bin/svn ls file:///usr/local/svnroot/repos/MyRepo

... and got back:

     branches/
     tags/
     trunk/

... which is exactly what is supposed to be there.

I guess I don't really know how to replicate apache's environment any
better than that.

On the other hand I know that su doesn't typically build a whole new
environment for the user being su'd to.

I also believe that httpd does its own little tweaking of the environment
here and there, so that the environment one sees when logging on as the
apache user isn't necessarily all that's there.

Is there a php statement I can execute, something like a var_dump, that
will show me the environment that chora is trying to operate in, hopefully
with some newlines after each environment variable so I can see what's going on?