[chora] Fwd: Re: chora svn revision log

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon May 7 19:09:57 UTC 2007

Please keep conversations on the list.

----- Forwarded message from nuppla at zites.net -----
     Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 21:06:31 +0200
     From: fago <nuppla at zites.net>
  Subject: Re: [chora] chora svn revision log
       To: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>

hi!

> What Horde version are you using?
The 3.1.4 release.

> It's possible that there's a Chora
> or VC library bug that causes this that's since been fixed (I just
> double checked and it works on my svn repository with HEAD, so it's
> not a TODO or an existing bug).
>
> > Note that I've tried it with a directly accessed repository (with
> > file://) as well with a local checkout - but the behavior was the same.
>
> In general checkouts aren't going to work, but using file:/// (three
> slashes) should.
That's bad, as I'd have preferred using a checkout.

> Unfortunately the best I can tell you with what we
> have above is to trace the code a bit and see where the info is being
> lost; possibly try a snapshot to see if that fixes it; and make sure
> you're checked your Horde logfile.
The logfile says nothing about that.

I've installed chora-FRAMEWORK_3-2007-05-07 now - but no change.
So I tried to identify where the message is lost and found out that it
happens on line 215 of browse.php:

         $logMessage = Chora::formatLogMessage($lg->log);

If I change it to $logMessage = $lg->log; I get the messages...

Hopefully this helps you to get the bug,
thanks for your work,
fago

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck