[chora] No files listed in chora under windows with subversion??

Valery Derongs valery_derongs at qvc.com
Thu Nov 29 16:38:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm new to the world of LAMP and it took me the most part of a day to setup
Apache2.2 + PHP + PEAR etc. on WinXP, all this for Chora on the Horde framework.

We are using subversion and chora seems like the best way to navigate our code
in a browser.

I managed to install and run Horde and Chora, but the problem is I cannot see
any files or folders listed in my repositories although the repos themselves
appear in the top bar of Chora's screen.

The repositories themselves otherwise work fine and can be accessed using
TortoiseSVN and other svn clients.

I guess this has something to do with Chora's configuration so I attach bits
that I think are related to this problem (i.e. that I made up from bits and
pieces of info googled here and there)

subversion is installed in c:\program files\subversion\
chora/ is under horde/ which is under apache2.2's htdocs/

first, my sourceroots.php:

 $sourceroots['test'] = array(
    'name' => 'test',
    'location' => 'file:///c:/localrepo/SCMDB',
    'title' => 'My Test Repository',
    'default' => true,
    'type' => 'svn',
);

  $sourceroots['test2'] = array(
    'name' => 'test2',
    'location' => 'file://is-filesrv1/folder/urepo',
    'title' => 'My Test Repository #2',
    'type' => 'svn',
);

I believe I got this bit right, especially with the
As I said earlier, the svn locations and notations work with other svn clients.

Now, conf.php is where I think I got it wrong as I took a guess about the paths
in php/windows:

$conf['paths']['ci'] = '/usr/bin/ci';
$conf['paths']['co'] = '/usr/bin/co';
$conf['paths']['rcs'] = 'C:/rcs/bin/win32';
$conf['paths']['rcsdiff'] = '/usr/bin/rcsdiff';
$conf['paths']['rlog'] = '/usr/bin/rlog';
$conf['paths']['cvs'] = '/usr/bin/cvs';
$conf['paths']['diff'] = '/usr/bin/diff';
$conf['paths']['svn'] = 'C:/progra~1/subversion/bin';
$conf['paths']['cvsps_home'] = '/tmp';
$conf['paths']['cvsgraph_conf'] = dirname(__FILE__) . '/cvsgraph.conf';
$conf['options']['adminName'] = 'Webmaster';
$conf['options']['adminEmail'] = 'root at example.com';
$conf['options']['shortLogLength'] = 75;
$conf['options']['defaultsort'] = 'VC_SORT_NAME';
$conf['options']['urls'] = 'get';
$conf['restrictions'] = array();
$conf['hide_restricted'] = true;
$conf['menu']['apps'] = array();

I tried different values into the svn path but nothing seems to change and I
can't list.
I'm also not sure about rcs so I installed it just in case...again this made no
difference.
Why does chora ignore its conf.php?
Could anybody please help o at least point me at the error log (horde doesn't
seem to have any)?

Cheers,
Valery