[dev] IMP server preferences

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:36:27 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Jon Parise <jon@csh.rit.edu> wrote:

> On the other hand, however, there is still the possibility that a
> given IMP installation is merely a public application used by a wide
> range of disconnected users.

ISTR there was a post to the IMP list just yesterday with someone wanting
do to this?  I'm not sure how common it would be.

> Comments, please.

What if the user's preference was a key to another database table, instead
of definitions in a PHP file?  I do really like the idea of the "key" so
that you don't replicate all that data for (potentially) thousands of
users... but if it were a key into a database, you have the potential for
adding new servers without having to edit a file on the server.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>