[dev] IMP server preferences

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 15:20:19 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Jon Parise <jon@csh.rit.edu> wrote:

> I don't think I like the idea of introducing another storage lookup
> into the mix (I toyed with the idea earlier, actually).  It would just
> add another dependency and performance hit to the setup.

It seems to me that a well-designed join can be used so that you get all
the required data in one hit, so that a second hit isn't required.

> Besides, I don't see what we'd gain over the "database-like" text file
> we already use (config/servers.php) aside from the administrative ease
> you mentioned.

Well, yes, that was my point; just trying to think of a solution that
meets both goals (centralizing server settings in one place, without
requiring a file edit to change server settings).

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>