[dev] IMP server preferences

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:06:37 -0400 (EDT)

Quoting Jon Parise <jon@csh.rit.edu>:

> I'd like to go with the first approach and centralize a lot of code
> and logic, but I'm not sure how many people we'd be alienating by
> losing the flexibility detailed in the second (current) approach.

Me, for one. :)

However: if the server field could be either a key into servers.php, OR a key
into a user-defined servers array, I'd be happy.

Ie: normal case - normal users, one (or a few) imap servers defined in
servers.php. Just store the key.

advanced case - demo site, advanced users, etc. Users can define their own
server entries and save them as prefs, and the prefs field becomes the default
server of these to use.

Thoughts?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Many states consider gambling so immoral that they not only prohibit private