MIME encoding: 'quoted-printable' question:

Blake Caldwell blake@gobookmarks.com
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 04:46:34 -0400

hi...
i've been wrestling with this forever, and finally figured out how to fix
this, just dont know why it works.
thought maybe someone here could help me out.

i'm trying to encode in quoted-printable.  now, here's i did this:
$contents .= imap_8bit($textBody);

simple.  the output looks just like it should.  i checked out the binary,
and after the end of a line, there's the correct:
"\r\n"

when i sent it out from my linux box server, it came back all screwy.
i found that at the end of each line, was "\r\r\n".  somewhere, the "\n" was
getting converted to "\r\n", giving me an extra "\r".

so, i got rid of the initial "\r" like this:
$contents = preg_replace("|\r|", "", $contents);

and then sent out the email.

who's chaning this?  is it sendmail?  in any case, should i assume it's
server-side, and that if it works this time, with my server, that i can
trust it to work in the future with any client receiving my emails?

thanks much in advance,

blake caldwell
new member :)