[dev] proposal: HUOS

Apis Hytt php3dev@carousel.tabcat.com
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 20:34:28 -0500 (CDT)

	O Hmm .. a place to help identify a user's `home' vitae:

	HOUSE - Horde Object User Store Entity | Environment

	A HOUSE becomes one's `home' identity	:)>>
Apis
-nnnn-

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> I'd like to propose HUOS: the Horde User Object Store (name and acronym
> negotiable) as a solution to a couple of things that have come up recently.
>
> The id could be used as an object in the Horde prefs system, to grant additional
> priviledges to other Horde users.

	Groups ACL scheme .. located where?  Inside or Outside HOUSE?
*snip*
> Thoughts? We could also have standards for the classes that got put into this,
> so that we could have a generic "edit your objects" interface which would
> inspect each object and find out how to edit it, display it, etc...
	Same ACL again?
*snip*

> One specific application would be to store an object id in the "server"
> preferences field for Horde users, instead of an index into the $servers[]
> array, to look up the servers for that user in the object store.
>
> Does this seem well thought out to people? Does it solve a problem that needs
> solving?

	Modules legally available to each user | group would also be
handy, as opposed to the <<site-defined-only>> method implemented now.
	As module access is kind of part of user identity constraints.

> -chuck

NNNN