[dev] proposal: HUOS

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 05:40:51 +00100 (BST)

> No no no - this isn't meant to store data that you'd need to search through
> in large amounts. Kronolith uses mcal - which wraps icap and local storage -

Gotcha ...

> I think with php4's get_class, class_exists, get_declared_classes, etc this
> gets a bit easier - I'm flexible on this part of the idea, although it
> does seem like something like this will be needed if we're going to be
> pulling objects out of here on demand...
>
> Btw, if you had problems remembering what each database class did, maybe
> there were other problems?

There were two problems really - the immaturity of class management
in php3 which made a lot of things which would have been very trivial
in, say, perl (which is hopefully solved in php4 with the stuff you
mentioned), and how crap we were since we just started learning PHP! ;)

--
Anil Madhavapeddy, <anil@recoil.org>