[dev] Building doc tree

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:07:37 -0400

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 10:18:28AM +0200, Michael Hoennig (michael@hoennig.de) wrote:
> > ... no less than half a dozen posts reading
> > roughly "We've written a local manual, do you want us to submit it for
> > inclusion?" appeared on the IMP list right around that time, so I
> > waited for those, which never appeared.
>
> I don't think it's a good idea to expect Docbook formats for
> manuals.

We don't/haven't. The stuff that was promised but never appeared was
just a copy of a few sites' local documentation, in whatever format
they used.

> Only few people would want to bother with all the tools. We sew it here
> too: it's quite a hassle to get all these tools to run. This makes
> little left who are willing to write docs at all. I would go for: make
> it as easy as possible for doc writers.

Well, as I said earlier, even *I'm* just writing content first, and
will worry about markup later on. :-)

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services