[dev] navigator question

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:28:49 -0500

Quoting Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org>:

> At the moment, if I set my namespace to 'INBOX.', as you have to
> do for Courier-IMAP, then the get_mailboxes (or subscribe equivalent)
> will do a search starting from 'INBOX.%'
>
> This doesn't actually return the INBOX itself, which is annoying.
>
> Does this happen on UW-IMAP when you have 'Mail/%' as the search
> string?  Does anyone ever have their main folder NOT called INBOX?
> If not, it would seem to make sense to add it in as the top 'parent'
> in the navigator as a special case.

Yes, the same thing happens with UW when you have folders set to mail/ or
similar - we should make sure that the INBOX is always the first node in the
tree.

Btw, I've just reproduced a problem similar to, if not matching, the problem
that Jon has with the navigator - hopefully I won't step on your toes if I
can figure out how to fix it.

-chuck

--
...and remember: elmo is _not_ an insertion toy.