[cvs] INSTALL

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 09:48:26 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Scott Martin <martin@math.ohiou.edu> wrote:

> I think you might've forgot to send the INSTALL changes to IMP and
> TURBA as well.

Well, that raises a good issue.  I would like us to try hard not to have
replicated documentation, because it slowly diverges as people make
changes to one file and don't update the other(s).

My feeling is that horde/docs/INSTALL should have the instructions on
installing and configuring Horde and its prerequisites (which is nearly
all of what your document addresses), and then imp/docs/INSTALL (and turba
and others) should refer to that document first, and then have any
additional steps necessary for installing and configuring the module.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>