[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp compose.php

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 18:17:19 -0500

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 04:13:24PM -0600, Brent J. Nordquist wrote:

> > > As a side note, do you mean an IMP error?  Shouldn't an all-Cc: message be
> > > legal?  It works in pine, for example... I can't think of a reason why it
> > > should be prevented.
> >
> > What do people think of this patch?
>
> Hmm.  Well, I agree that a Cc:-only message is a little odd,
> conceptually... but if that's what the user has specified, why mess with
> it?  I guess my question is, what's the benefit from (or motivation for)
> this patch?

IMP will generate a "sending message failed" error if the To: field is
empty.  The above was my attempt to fix that particular case.

Alternatively, we can just let the To: line remain blank and change
the test so that it allows for an empty To: line if there's a value in
the Cc: line.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology