[dev] conf.php suggestion

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 06 Nov 2000 10:00:39 -0500 (EST)

Quoting Scott Martin <martin@math.ohiou.edu>:

> I have a suggestion for the options listed in conf.php. I would like to see
> all of the possible options available. Have them listed in the file and
> perhaps  be commented out. I think this would save users having to ask
> questions or search through documentation to try to find out about unlisted
> options.

... I can see your point, but I have the same kind of problem with this as with
listing how to get shared libraries working for wvHtml in the INSTALL document:
It's going to be too much. For the "type" arguments, we should definitely list
valid types, but listing out all params for everything is going to be
overwhelming, and only listing parameters for one type, like this:

> /*
> The following options are only necessary if you are using a database for
> connection tracking:
> $conf['connections']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
> $conf['connections']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
> $conf['connections']['params']['username'] = 'username';
> $conf['connections']['params']['password'] = 'password';
> $conf['connections']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
> $conf['connections']['params']['table'] = 'connections';
> */

... is misleading in that it gives people a very limited impression of their
options. Maybe somewhere we should have documented what parameters you need for
a DB:: connection, etc, but I can't see listing this for _everything_.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Many states consider gambling so immoral that they not only prohibit private