[dev] security idea

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 06 Nov 2000 15:49:20 -0500 (EST)

Quoting "Brent J. Nordquist" <bjn@horde.org>:

> > Any ideas on what to use for the encryption? I'd like to not require
> > mcrypt -
>
> Why?

YAPE (yet another php extension). It might be the thing to do, but if possible,
I don't want to have yet one more build requirement...

> Hmmm... I don't know what that code does, but MD5 is only one-way hashing,
> of course.  You'll need something that's (two-way) private-key encryption;
> IDEA, triple-DES, Blowfish, Twofish, etc.

It supposedly does some kind of two-way encrypting using md5-signing ... haven't
quite gotten to how it works, but I'm cleaning it up and playing with it as we
speak.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues