[dev] imp 2.3 parts list

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 07 Nov 2000 15:04:44 -0500 (EST)

Quoting Scott Martin <martin@math.ohiou.edu>:

> I don't want to retrieve individual parts. I want the ability to hide
> certain "types".

The parts list relies on the imap_fetchstructure call, which is really meant for
IMAP messages to get the structure of the message. It's not the kind of thing
that pop was designed for, and I'm not surprised if it doesn't work very well
over pop. And you don't _need_ to do that kind of hiding for IMAP, because we
can parse the structure sucessfully and figure things out. So I don't want to
introduce ugly and potentially confusing workarounds just to get around the fact
that pop3 wasn't ever designed to do this.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues