[dev] RE: [cvs] commit: imp/lib tree.php

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 18:34:29 -0000

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Yes: the Exchange server that we have here at work has a _ton_ of
> folders, and having this to true by default makes it practically
> impossible for me to use the navigator (and thus to test/develop it)

<nod>

> I think we need to set it to true for INBOX by default, and then
> maybe have a preference to have other folders to
> check, and maybe have a "check status" action that would let you do it for a
> certain folder/set of folders. But doing it for everything by default just
> _kills_ performance for me.

Ok, how about a widget similar to the search folder selection, which
lets you tick incoming folders for which you want to poll mail?

If you have a lot of folders though, it would make the Preferences menu
pretty bloated.

Hmm, actually - how about sectioning off the prefenences menu, instead
of just one large page?  That would make it somewhat more expandable.

--
 Anil Madhavapeddy / "I told you not to flush that!"
 anil@recoil.org   /    Stern Lecture Plumbing