[dev] New error with latest cvs IMP and php4.

Edwin Culp eculp@MexComUSA.Net
Thu, 09 Nov 2000 07:12:18 -0800

> I'm guessing that you've compiled php against mcrypt 2.2, instead of 2.4? I'll
> put in code to check for that in a moment, but if you could submit working
> mcrypt 2.2 code (for the Secret:: class in lib/Horde.php), that'd be more
> optimal.
>
> -chuck

Thanks Chuck.  You are correct.  I just downloaded 2.4.5 and am going to give it
a try.  As to building in compatabiltity with 2.2, my question is: Would it
really be worth the time and effort.  In my own situation, I am using mcrypt only
for IMP, so I personally don't have a problem in using 2.4.5.  The only reason I
have 2.2.6 is because it is the version in the ports tree of FreeBSD. (The easy
way out:-)

Thanks,

ed