[dev] Folders Preference

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 21:39:52 -0500

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 01:20:41PM -0500, Scott Martin wrote:

> Question: Is the "Folders" preference smart enough to know if
> "INBOX." is being stripped from the name of the folder? For example,
> if "Joe User" goes to preferences and adds "Sent_Mail" to the "Sent
> Mail Folder" section of "Folders", not knowing that the actual
> folder name is "INBOX.Sent_Mail", does IMP automatically make the
> translation for him?

Yes, it handles all of that transparenty.

> Suggestion: I would like to see the "Sent Mail Folder" and "Drafts
> Folder" section be a "pull down" list, so that "Joe User" can only
> choose a folder that actually exists and perhaps it would take care
> of the above mentioned naming problem if the problem exists.

You can do this now.  In config/conf.php, set:

    $conf['user']['select_sentmail_folder'] = true;

... and in config/prefs.php, set:

    sent_mail_folder, sent-mail, 0

It isn't exactly what you describe, but it ends up working in the same
way.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology