[dev] Navigator problems

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 02:11:54 -0000

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 09:32:19PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Jon Parise <jon@csh.rit.edu>:
>
> > I still have that little problem with the navigator, but I just
> > noticed it only occurs if IMAP subscriptions are enabled.  Maybe that
> > will help track down the problem.
>
> Well, it gives me a theory: you have child folders subscribed, but not the
> parent. So when the navigator goes to insert the child into the tree,
> the parent that it expects to find isn't there.

I tried to get into this situation using the folders.php
sub/unsub stuff, but it actually forces parents to be subscribed
on my setup here.  Which by implication means that imap_subscribe
is taking care of that (although I only have Courier-IMAP to go
by here)

> 2. A way of auto-inserting parent folders.

If the imap_subscribe _does_ take care of it, then would simply
subscribing to it again insert the parents also?

--
Anil Madhavapeddy, <anil@recoil.org>