[dev] Navigator problems

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 02:30:43 -0500

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 11:38:51PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Though, come to think of it, I think even UW does this the way you
> describe it (judging from when I played with it), so maybe PMDF is
> broken. Don't know if we can get away with that resolution, though.

Okay, based on this discussion, I think I've narrowed down the
problem.  On this setup, I have my mail layed out as followed:

    ~/Mail/
        ./Lists/
        ./Storage/
        ./Work/

Everything works fine (no errors) if I have these folders subscribed
(from the contents of my ~/.mailboxlist file):

    Mail/sent-mail
    Mail/drafts
    Mail/test

If I go to the "Folders" screen and subscribe to the Mail/Work/backups
folder, however, the contents of my ~/.mailboxlist file becomes:

    Mail/sent-mail
    Mail/drafts
    Mail/test
    Mail/Work/backups

This causes the errors, and the 'backups' folder isn't displayed in
the tree.  If I modify my ~/.mailboxlist by hand so that it looks like
this:

    Mail/sent-mail
    Mail/drafts
    Mail/test
    Mail/Work
    Mail/Work/backups

... it works fine, meaning there aren't any errors and the tree is
displayed completely correctly.  The problem can thus be traced to the
Mail/Work parent needing to be subscribed.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology